The blood donation process from the time you arrive until the time you leave takes about less than an hour. The donation itself is only about 8-10 minutes on average.
- During Blood Donation process, we’ll cleanse an area on your arm and insert a brand new sterile needle for the blood draw. (This feels like a quick pinch and is over in seconds.)
- The blood donation takes about 8-10 minutes, during which you’ll be seated comfortably or lying down on couch whatever comforts you.
- When the blood donation is complete, a staff person will place a bandage on your arm.
- After donating blood, you’ll have a snack / something to drink in the refreshment area.
- You’ll leave after 10-15 minutes and continue your normal routine.
- Enjoy the feeling of accomplishment knowing you are helping to save lives.
- Take a selfie, or simply share your good deed with friends. It may inspire them to become blood donors.
Are you confused about blood donation myths?
Read what healthline has to say about blood donation.
Read this awesome article 9 Myths About Donating Blood